Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Judy tagged me for this meme. So here are the answers to 38 things about me that you may or may not want to know.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Sparkles, my niece's cat.
2. What were you doing at 0800? Sleeping, I'm sick
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Sleeping. See above.
4. What happened to you in 2006? Not much, I lead a pretty boring life.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? Crock, see number 2.
6. How many beverages did you have today? lots of water and lemon-ginger tea.
7. What color is your hairbrush? Blue.
8. What was the last thing you paid for? Lunch Thursday at work.
9. Where were you last night? In bed, see number 2.
10. What color is your front door? White.
11. Where do you keep your change? In a glow in the dark tin, its for OFFF!!!!
12. What’s the weather like today? Rainy.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Butter Brickle. Unfortunately no longer available. Cherry Garcia runs a distant second.
14. What excites you? Knitting! Spending time with friends
15. Do you want to cut your hair? No. But it could stand a little trim.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Just don't ask how long ago 25 was!
17. Do you talk a lot? not really.
18. Do you watch the O.C.? Nope.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? No
20. Do you make up your own words? some times.
21. Are you a jealous person? Not really.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Autumn
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Karen. Yup I've got a friend with the same name as me.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? BF Teresa
25. What does the last text message you received say?I don't get text.
26. Do you chew on your straw? No.
27. Do you have curly hair? Yes. I can't do a thing with it and it can't do a thing with me, so were even!
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Back to bed!
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Ex-BIL
30. What was the last thing you ate? Not much, see number2.
31. Will you get married in the future? We'll see. No one in the picture right now.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? Haven't watched any.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? Not romantic wise.
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Yesterday.
35. Are you currently depressed? No.
36. Did you cry today? No.
37. Why did you answer and post this? Because Judy tagged me and I'm sick, belch.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Too tired to tag anyone
, see number2
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
- You signed up on September 6, 2007
- You are #31303 on the list.
- 1910 people are ahead of you in line.
- 13192 people are behind you in line.
- 57% of the list has been invited so far
Other than it's a huge time suck, any advice for a for a Ravelry newbee?
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Though it did take me four tries to get that first row right!
I think the next one won't be as much trouble to get
the first row done. Yes I'm already planing the next one.
Teddy was kind enough to model my scarf for me as no one else was home.He wasn't to keen on me taking it off, but once I explained that KM at work wanted to give it to her elderly mother, he gladly gave it up. Although I did have to promise to knit him one!
I took it to work to day and everyone I showed it thought it was just the cat's meow, in fact I have orders for four more of them! One person even identified it as a moebius, my jaw must have hit the floor. I was so surprised that I forgot to ask where he learned about them.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
The next stop was Krugers Farm booth for a basket to carry all the yarn that would follow me home. There was on that was just the right size. I plan to make a liner or two for it so that it can be used for a knitting basket. Thank You Bobbie, for the silk fabric.
Then it was off the booth I'd been waiting to get back to sence last year. Interlacements! I just love the way they use color. Two skeins of Toasty Toes jumped into my basket. One in a red, purple, pink and orange-red colorway. Why is it that those colors just do not like to be photographed?
The other was a fantastic blue colorway.
I know that I can get their yarn online, but it is just so much nicer if you can hold the yarn before buying.
At the Wolf Creek Wools I found two skeins of 60% merino/40% bamboo called Great Wall in a colorway of pinks, blues with a bit of purple. The gauge is 5-6 st-in on size 3-4 needle some of the smallest yarn I have. I'm thinking a light weight scarf in maybe a chevron pattern, could change my mind though.
Then off to the Blue Moon booth! I found yarn there and lots of people. I though they only had sock yarn but noooooo, they have a worsted weight now called Twisted! I got the backstabber colorway.
I didn't have much in my pocket by the so I wandered around until I ended up at the Fogwash (sorry no link here, they do not have a web site) soap booth. With just enough to get a bar of the cinnamon soap to go with the carnation that I picked up on Saturday.
I came home with 50 cents in my pocket, not bad, I didn't go over my budget for OFFF. The tin for next year already has $2.55 in it.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Well of course Bobbie and I started chatting away, it didn't take Toolman long to make his escape after that. It didn't take long for others from PDX Knit Bloggers to show up.
Here you see Barbara and Duffy with their drop spindles. Oh, by the way Barbara says that resistance is futile I will spin. Well not just yet, I will hold out for a good while longer. I must say that there was a lot of fiber that I wish that would have been yarn. (sigh)
Larissa was working on a small sweater I didn't catch who it is for. I tried to start a new moebius scarf but people would say something like lace weight black cashmere and I wold lose count of my stitches, not to mention all the yarn fumes I finally just gave up there where just way too many distractions.
This is an enterlac bag that Barbara was working on. Looks like something that I would like to try some day.
This little girl was just the cutest, working on that brite pink fiber.
I didn't get any pictures in the barn all that hay and straw did a number on my allergy's. I left around 4:30 dog tired but looking forward to coming back on Sunday to do my shopping.
I'll post all my goodies tomorrow, right now I need to get my laundry out of the wash and in to the dryer and put myself to bed, I've got to go to work early again I'll be so glad to get the end of quarter over with!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
I had training this week at work that pretty much took all my energy. Thank goodness thats over with . The good news is that all four of us that were in the class passed with flying colors. That's one more good thing I can add to my self evaluation that I have to write for my review. WOO HOO!!!!!
Did you see that count down, only nine more days, Oh Boy! I'm so looking forward to OF&FF. My pay check has a small amount of over time that can be spent guilt free along with the contents of the change jar. I won't say how much, but I will say this much, I'll need a couple of extra bags to haul home the loot. I remember what happened last year. my backpack got mighty heavy and not everything fit.
My Moo Cards and case came Monday. They are just the coolest little critters!
Take a look.
The best part of these cards is that you can use your own pic's.
I'm already thinking about witch pictures I want to use on the next batch of cards.
Oh man I just took a look at the clock, it's after nine thirty and I still need to make my bed so I can go to bed!