Wednesday, September 26, 2007

OFFF Goodies

Now for the goodies that I picked up on Sunday. the first place I stopped at was Butternut Woolens where I found this very pretty wool that will make a lovely felted moebius basket. Shelly is in Gaston and I live in Laurelwood, now how handy is that? This is the only yarn that has a project lined up, the rest will just have to tell me what they want to be.


The next stop was Krugers Farm booth for a basket to carry all the yarn that would follow me home. There was on that was just the right size. I plan to make a liner or two for it so that it can be used for a knitting basket. Thank You Bobbie, for the silk fabric.



Then it was off the booth I'd been waiting to get back to sence last year. Interlacements! I just love the way they use color. Two skeins of Toasty Toes jumped into my basket. One in a red, purple, pink and orange-red colorway. Why is it that those colors just do not like to be photographed?




The other was a fantastic blue colorway.







I know that I can get their yarn online, but it is just so much nicer if you can hold the yarn before buying.

At the Wolf Creek Wools I found two skeins of 60% merino/40% bamboo called Great Wall in a colorway of pinks, blues with a bit of purple. The gauge is 5-6 st-in on size 3-4 needle some of the smallest yarn I have. I'm thinking a light weight scarf in maybe a chevron pattern, could change my mind though.




Then off to the Blue Moon booth! I found yarn there and lots of people. I though they only had sock yarn but noooooo, they have a worsted weight now called Twisted! I got the backstabber colorway.





I didn't have much in my pocket by the so I wandered around until I ended up at the Fogwash (sorry no link here, they do not have a web site) soap booth. With just enough to get a bar of the cinnamon soap to go with the carnation that I picked up on Saturday.

I came home with 50 cents in my pocket, not bad, I didn't go over my budget for OFFF. The tin for next year already has $2.55 in it.

1 comment:

Bobbie Wallace said...

Two great posts! And really great pics of the yarn; but then you have those mad camera skillz. ;)